Banana Pecan MuffinsThe recipe is surprisingly easy and quick to make. It took me probably around 7 minutes so I waited for the oven to preheat instead ;). My tip would be to use overripe ‘mushy’ bananas. Easy to mash but it gives you an instant “banana” taste and flavour, whereby some recipes didn’t even have that much flavour. Also, do most of the mixing by hand. Be careful to use the electrical attachment as that will break up the bananas and pecans too much. I preferred to whip, fold and mix the batter by hand. I then added passion fruit pulp to the mix and also crushed pecans. It does help that we have a pecan farm here in the Northern Cape, South Africa. Making them always available to me ;). So many more pecan recipes to be made… Banana Pecan Muffins Preparation time: 7 – 10 minutes Baking time: 15 – 20 minute Servings : 6 large muffins Ingredients: 60g Butter, softened 150g Castor Sugar 1 Egg 30ml Passion Fruit Pulp 150g Cake Flour 7ml Baking Powder 2ml Salt 50ml Milk 2 Large or 3 small overripe bananas 50g Pecans, chopped Method:
- Preheat the oven to 180℃. Grease and prepare a 6 tray muffin pan.
- Cream the butter and castor sugar together until creamy.
- Add one egg, whisk into the batter and then add the pulp. Mix until well blended.
- Sift the flour, baking powder and salt into the mix then fold gently.
- Add the milk, bananas and pecans. Mix until combined.
- Spoon into the moulds and bake for 15 – 20 minutes. The muffins tend to brown quicker due to the sugar content of the fruit in them. Guard the baking process carefully. Remove when the muffin is firm to the touch.
- Serving the muffins while they are still warm is delicious, otherwise allow them to cool and dust with icing sugar.