Flammkuchen with Figs and Tomato
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Resting Time: 20 minutes
Baking Time: 15-20 Minutes
500ml (2 Cups) All purpose flour
30ml Olive Oil plus extra to coat the baking sheet
150 – 200ml Water
5ml Olive oil
150g Cream Cheese and extra to serve
1-2 Figs cut in slices
4 Cherry Tomatoes sliced
5ml Dried Basil
Handful of micro leaves for decoration
Dried or shaved Parmesan cheese
Black pepper and salt, grinded, to taste
Additional: Add sliced onion, garlic, thin slices of mushroom.
Pre-heat the oven to 230°C. Prepare a baking sheet by brushing it with olive oil.
Prepare the base by combining the flour, olive oil, salt and a little bit of the water in a mixing bowl.
Add the water a bit at a time until it becomes smooth and workable dough. Do not add everything at once.
4. Coat the inside of the bowl with a small amount of olive oil. Add the dough and set aside for 20 minutes.
5. Prepare the figs and tomatoes by slicing it thinly. Cream the cream cheese until soft.
6. Roll out the dough into a rectangular shape (traditionally), or into a circle. Place the base onto of a prepared baking sheet.
7. Spread the cream cheese over the base. Scatter the figs and tomatoes and sprinkle the leaves, parmesan cheese, basil, salt and black pepper before placing it in the oven.
8. Bake for 15-20 minutes on 230°C or until light brown.
9. If you want to, add dollops of cream cheese before serving it to your guests.