Fromage de ChevreA fantastic hors’d oeuvres or entrée to any summer menu is the Fromage de Chevre. The pears that are rolled traditionally in goats cheese can be replaced by cream cheese and can be prepared in advance and chilled until it is used. This recipe forms part of the French Summer Wedding Menu inspired shoot done in September 2014. See the full article and post here. Fromage de Chevre Serves:
230g Goats cheese
60g Pecan nuts
1. Peel the pears.Use a melon baller and ball out as many balls as you can from each pear.
2. Place them on a tray in the fridge.
3. Cream the cream cheese in a bowl until soft.
4. Chop the pecans finely.
5. Roll each ball in the cream cheese until covered.
6. Place in the fridge for 1 hour.
7. Roll them in the chopped nuts.Form a perfect round ball with your hands.
8. Cut them each in halve and insert the skewer inside each piece.
9. Cool until ready to serve.