Lemon and Jam KissesAlso a shortbread, these kisses could easily be mistaken for the popular and also ‘melt-in-the-mouth’ melting moments. As a ‘thumbprint’ indented biscuit, these small kisses are made with a lemon shortbread basic recipe and filled up with jam afterwards. I used apricot jam as it was kinda the only thing that was available in the house at the moment, but I am sure Raspberry or Strawberry jam would go just as well. Lemon and Jam Kisses Preparation time: 20 minutes Baking time: 10 minutes Yield: 24 Ingredients: 150g Salted butter 80g Sifted Icing Sugar Zest of 1 lemon 5ml of the lemon juice 150g Self-raising flour 30g Cornflour 3 Tbsp Jam (any kind) Method:
- Preheat the oven to 170℃. Prep the fairy cake trays by greasing them.
- Cream the butter, icing sugar, lemon zest and lemon juice together.
- Sift the self-raising four and cornflour together and add them to the mix.
- Combine them well by hand and press it together into a pliable cookie dough. The dough is quite soft so wrap it in clingfilm and place it into the fridge for around 10 minutes.
- Roll the dough into small balls by hand, place them into the tray and indent each one with a thumbprint.
- Place the biscuits in the oven and bake for 10 minutes until golden.
- Remove from the oven, allow to cool a while longer in the pan before removing them as they might be too soft to remove.
- When completely cooled, drop a dollop of jam into each.
- It can be stored in a sealed container for up to a week.