Panna Cotta with Pineapple JellyPanna Cotta with Pineapple Jelly Preparation Time: 20 minutes Setting Time: 2 hours Serves: 4 Ingredients For the panna cotta 1 Tablespoon powdered gelatin 250ml milk 250ml double cream 5 ml Vanilla Essence 25g sugar For the Jelly 1 Packet Pineapple flavoured Jelly (80g) 225ml Boiling water 225ml Cold water To serve 4 sprigs fresh mint Method
- Prepare the gelatin by placing cold water in a small bowl and sprinkling with gelatine while whisking with a fork. Set aside for 5 minutes or until spongy.
- To make the panna cotta, place the milk, cream, vanilla and sugar into a pan and bring to a simmer.
- Wait a few minutes to cool down and add the gelatin then stirring until the gelatin has dissolved.
- Prepare the Pineapple jelly by emptying the contents into a mixing bowl. Stir in boiling water until all gelatin granules is dissolved then add the cold water and mix well.
- Divide the pineapple mixture among four ramekins and leave to cool in the fridge for 1 hour. Add the Panna Cotta mixture to the already set jelly mixture and also place in the fridge for another 1 hour or until set or visa versa making different layers in the dessert.
- To serve, turn each panna cotta out onto a serving plate. Spoon over warm custard or garnish with a sprig of mint.