Stacked Pavlova with Fresh Cream and CherriesI actually needed an excuse to use some of the fresh (maybe too-ripe cherries) that I recently bought at the our Fruit and Veg market the other day. So when I looked at the time that I had left before our guests arrived for a Sunday lunch, I realized that the Pavlova (always a favorite) and very quick and easy to make, can be done within my 1 hour time frame that I had left…..So, here is the easiest dessert on the planet. To make it more attractive, I decided to make three different “cakes” of Pavlova, and stack them with fresh cream in between and Cherries or any other berries that you would prefer, on top. Use the Pavlova recipe from here, recently published on our blog. You can make them in Chocolate (Add cocoa powder) or without. Stacked Pavlova with fresh cream and cherries Preparation time: 20 minutes Cooking time: 20-30 minutes Ingredients: 500ml Fresh Cream, whipped to stiff peak consistency 250g Fresh Berries, any kind that is in season. Icing Sugar or Cocoa powder for dusting Method:
- Add the mixture to a piping bag and snip open the tip to about the thickness of your thumb.
- Pipe round circles on a baking tray, prepared with wax paper or baking paper. I made mine about 10cm or 4 inches in diameter.
- Bake these smaller cakes for about 20-30 minutes on 140°C.
- Let them cool down, and gently remove them from the waxpaper.
- Use 3 cakes to be stacked.
- Stack the cakes with fresh cream between the layers. Be careful to add too much and too close to the edge of the cakes, as the weight of your next one, will force the cream to seep out.
- You can place cherries to the layers of cream as well, or only on top, up to you!
- When done (make sure the cakes are stable and won’t lean to one side), dust icing sugar or cocoa powder, just before serving as it will dissolve due to the moisture from the cream.