From soft gateau to flaky pastry, this course has it covered. Come and learn about making pastries the French way. Our Certificate in French Pastries offers a wonderful opportunity to learn the fine art of making French pastries and desserts. This course contains over 50 hours of practical sessions that teach you how to make and bake Croissants, Pâte Sucrèe (Sweet Shortcrust Pastry), Pâte Feuilletèe (Puff Pastry), Pâte à Brioche (Brioche Dough), Pâte à Choux (Choux Pastry), Èclairs and Paris Brest, just to name a few. Learn to make custards, compotes, glazes and syrups to compliment the above mentioned French pastries.
This short course also offers an opportunity to gain a better understanding of the chemistry and science involved baking pastry doughs. We pay a brief visit to the history of the French pastry in our theory sessions. The greatest emphasis, however is placed on getting your hands dirty with practical sessions. We believe that the most effective method to become a successful baker, is through learning through fun practical sessions.
This course caters for both professionals and home bakers wanting to enhance their French pastry skills. Come and learn to profit from baking expertise, whether you want profit in the bank or simply put a big smile on someone’s face. No prior knowledge of baking is required to take this course, and you don’t have to speak French either.
- History of the French Pastry
- The Art of Baking
- Basic Ingredients and Recipes
- Presentation and Decorating
- Pâte Sablèe (Shortbread Pastry) – Lavender Crème Brûlèe Tarts, Cherry Clafoutis
- Pâte Sucrèe (Sweet Shortcrust Pastry) – Mixed Berry Tartlets
- Pâte Feuilletèe (Puff Pastry), Croissants
- Peach and Lemon Pastries, Pear Tarte Tatin
- Hazelnut Palmiers, Millefeuille
- Pâte à Brioche (Brioche dough), Pâte à Choux (Choux Pastry)
- Strawberry Éclairs, Brioche Snails
- Paris Brest, Cinnamon Doughnuts
Course name: French Pastries
Duration: 54 Hours (9 Lessons)
Class times: 9:00 – 15:00 weekdays
1 – 11 August 2017 (Registrations open)
25 September -6 October 2017 (Registrations open)